Friday, June 11, 2010

i'll see you in my dreams tonight.

This stunning lady is my Nana Parsons.
(my mother's biological father's mother)
basically; My Great Grandma.
(even though I've never met my mom's dad we're still close with his side of the family)
I don't know what year any of these pictures were taken, but it doesn't really matter.
She was such an awesome lady, who sadly, suffered from Alzheimers later in life.
I remember going to her house when I was younger and my sister and I always got to pick out a stuffed animal. I remember her house and the way it smelled. The fake Indian doll she had in a cradle that scared me every time I walked past it. All of the apples, real & fake & trying to determine which were which.
So many memories.



I wish that I could have seen her more often, but after she got diagnosed she had to move.
I miss that house & her even more.

She passed away this morning at 12:02 (the 11th)
June 10th was my (2nd) cousin Tiffani's Birthday.
I think she waited a few minutes past midnight, so that Tiff wouldn't remember her birthday as a day of "sorrow". Grandma wasn't like that- everything was always so happy & joyous.
Always something to celebrate.

Erma Parsons
June 11th, 2010
80 years old.
(3 days from 81)
N A N A

Y E S T E R D A Y
(in no particular order)
I played in my garden.
Sat on my roof.
Watched an amazing sunset.
Daydreamt.
Napped with my puppies.
Did a killer workout.
Ate healthy.
Felt hyper.
& Cleaned my house, again- OCD? yup. ADHD too...









I looooooove discovering new things! More so in the case that my TOMATOES are g r o w i n g! yay! & my Christmas Cactus is BLOOMING! I knew if I had faith in the stubborn lil plant it would show its true colors! Literally, I moved it all over the house for MONTHS so that it would receive different lighting and it found it's spot! Kitchen bar top is it's official blooming place!

u n t i l  we  m e e t  again,
come  v i s i t  me  i n  my  D R E A M S.

No comments:

Post a Comment